Cleverclip Ltd. is a young startup from Berne. Our goal: Helping people getting their ideas across in a meaningful and lasting way. We achieve this by producing explainer videos, infographics and fully animated presentations. Since our founding in 2013 we are growing steadily. By now we are a team of 28 (hopefully soon 29) passionate artists, animators, illustrators, storytellers and designers from around the world. We work and live in Melbourne, San José, Berlin, Zurich, Kuala Lumpur and in a small town in the middle of nowhere in Russia.
Do you like movies? Good! You know how to make movies? Even better! We are looking for a (highly) talented director/cinematographer. In short: somebody who transforms ideas (sometimes boring ones) into thrilling moving images.
As our cinematographer you organize, produce and do post-production for high quality and entertaining live-action shootings for a wide variety of purposes: interviews, walkthroughs, masterclasses for e-learning, step by step videos, etc.
Join our young and aspiring team and help us to make the world less complicated.
- You’re responsible for cutting and colour grading
- Collaborate with Project Managers and other creatives to define a creative vision for live-action projects that align with the client's budget and needs.
- Shoot on location wherever needed in Switzerland (and maybe outside of Switzerland).
- On the set you’re responsible for camera, sound, and lighting
- Coordinate and collaborate with motion designers and other creatives in the team for any mixed media projects.
- Edit, color grade, add *audio, subtitles and export the final product in whatever format the client needs.
- If necessary, you would need to be able to arrange renting hardware and/or hire professional assistance for complex shoots and be responsible for managing/coordinating these assets by yourself.
*We have a professional sound designer in the team, so no sound design or music arrangements are needed.
- Creative and willing to propose and try bold new things. Yes, a bunch of our work if for big corporate clients but we are always trying to push clients outside of their comfort zone.
- Extremely organized. Work at Cleverclip is remotely and asynchronous, so delivering on time and keeping files properly organized and named is crucial for smooth collaboration.
- Flexibility: you need to be able to move around with equipment wherever needed. Though the company will cover all expenses, flexibility, timeliness, and organization are crucial. But we also don't expect you to work crazy schedules.
- A natural problem solver. You know shoots can get tricky with locations, lighting, people and many other things that change in the last minute. Cleverclip's cinematographer needs to be able to deal with whatever circumstance arise, to be able to get the best possible product (all within reasonable circumstances of course).
- Very high verbal and written communication skills in both English and German. French and/or Italian are a big plus.
- Expert knowledge of Premiere Pro, basic knowledge of After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Artistic understanding of image composition.
- Basic knowledge in post production: cutting and colour grading.
- Be able to deal with people who have no experience in front of a camera: many of our shoots might involve recording people who really don't know what do in front of a camera and who also have very busy schedules. You need to be able to make them comfortable and get them to perform as natural as possible.
- Completed studies in cinematography is an advantage but not a prerequisite
Perks and Benefits
- You’ll work mostly with cool people (Not all of us are cool. But the majority is)
- Remote work: Work wherever and whenever you want
- Creative freedom (Makes sense, right?)
- Yearly company-retreat. Last time we met in Barcelona.
- Gadgets - Whatever you need to get things going
- Continuing education possibilities
How to apply
Interested? Send us your resume and portfolio and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.